Welcome to another post where I take a look at some of the details of running a Real Estate Blog. This is my very first Real Estate Website Income Report, and I hope you find it helpful.
I believe that blogging is very similar to Real Estate. You create a website that is like a property, and over time you write articles to make it better. The writing is like the rehab on a house.
A few months ago, I wrote a post about the Goals of this website. This post outlines my Why. The reasons behind I do what I do.
In the last 3 months, a few changes in my life have caused a small (OK it’s really a pretty big) shift in the focus of this website. I’ll write another post about that in the next few days.
How a Real Estate Blog makes money
Today for the first time, I’m sharing how I actually make money with this website.
Getting started it isn’t a lot, but over time, and with a lot of hard work, I expect it to grow into something that will allow me to achieve my long-term goals. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
If you are like me, and I have to assume you are since you are reading this, you want to know exactly how it happens. So today I’m pulling back the curtain and giving you a sneak peek into the earnings from EricEstate. My goal is to post the total earnings every month.
Since I started I have made a whopping $33.77
And that’s for a little bit more than a month. The first day I started measuring was on April 27, 2022. When I do the math it is 35 days, and a total of $1.02 a day!
Using Amazon Associates
My entire income so far has come from Amazon Associates.
Amazon Associates is a program where you get a commission when someone clicks on a link and then purchases a product on Amazon in the following 24 hours.
I simply share products on Amazon that I like and use in my posts, and when the links are clicked and a purchase is made, I get a little (and I do mean little) somethin’-somethin’.
Any blogger can sign up for Amazon. There are a few simple rules to follow, and then you can start to make money as a writer!
What do I think of the Amazon Associate program?
- No contract. Anyone can sign up, or quit at anytime. There are some rules you need to follow, but overall it’s very simple and easy to use.
- Links are good forever. Once you get the special tracking code from Amazon, you never have to do any updates or maintain the link. If for some reason the product changes on Amazon, the link will automatically redirect to another similar product, and you can still get the commission if a purchase is made
- Low Earnings. While the range of commissions is 1-20%, I have found that I’m getting about 4% referral fees. While that is better than nothing, of course, I think it could be higher.
- The link is only active for 24 hours. This means that once it is clicked, the purchase has to be paid for within 1 day. If it sits in the cart for longer, then you don’t get a referral fee.
- Payouts don’t happen until $100 (or more) is reached. So while I earned this money, I won’t get it until I meet that minimum threshold.
Here are a few other stats that I look for when I’m researching websites. When I see others I always want to know how much work will I have to do to make the money. If there are any other stats you want to know about let me know in the comments.
Number of posts Written: 13 Words Written: 16,374 Average words per article: 1,259
I hope this blog income report has been helpful to you. I’m excited to continue working every day to grow this blog and turn it into something helpful to you, or anyone looking to learn more about Real Estate.
If you want to be notified of these income reports, I send out an email with just that info.
Every month I’ll check-in and share what lessons I’ve learned, so you can see the successes, and missteps, in growing a Real Estate Blog.
How about you? Do you have a food blog (or another type of blog) that you’re thinking about monetizing? Any tips, tricks, or advice?
I love getting your questions and comments!
P.S. If you’re curious about learning more ways that you can monetize a blog, I encourage you to download this free ebook, “16 Ways to Monetize Your Real Estate Blog”