Today, I start a new weekly feature. Even though I’ve been blogging since before I got my real estate license, I’ve never stuck to much of a schedule. I always just write when I feel compelled. Usually it works out to 4-5 times per week.
So, with a little planning, I’m beginning something new on my blog. A little summary of this week in Austin Real Estate. I hope you enjoy this little summary, and my take on the market here in Central Texas.
Each week will have four sections – and of course one killer photo! Take a look and let me know what you think. Do you want more austin real estate statistics? More tips from around the web? Just let me know. I’m here to help.
- My favorite is the Bluff House – Which is yours? 4 Modern Homes on Lake Austin
- The Government shut down this week. Both homebuyers and sellers are affected.
- Light and Airy – A great house in Rollingwood.
- 200+ new condos are being built at the new Seaholm development.
- One of Austin’s last undeveloped waterfront tracts of land became available. 150+ acres of Land in Austin near Pennybacker Bridge came on the market.
Summary of Austin’s Real Estate market
- Number of homes sold – 753
- New homes on the market – 649
- Most expensive property sold in MLS – $2,890,000 near the Austin Country Club
- My favorite property sold this week in Austin: The one with this kitchen for 1,950,000 in Old Enfield.
All data is from the Austin MLS.
My Weekend Plans
Holding an open house – This beautiful 3 bedroom 2 bathroom is in the heart of Highland Park – $484,500. Contact me if you want to take a look, and I’ll let you know the times.
Spending a little time touching up and painting one of our spare bathrooms.
And of course showing properties all over town.
Stuff I saw on the Web
Some things I’ve found this week that may be interesting to you, too.
- Seth Godin Community College – Looks interesting. I’ve been a fan of Purple Cow for years.
- This amazing recipe by Camille Styles
- Young House Love has a great forum for DIYers, and Design
- Malcom Gladwell has a new book, David and Goliath, I just ordered from Amazon.