OK. I’m impressed. Let me tell you why.
There is this blogger, lets call her Linda (because that’s her real name), and she has this blog named Calling it Home. And she has this contest called the One Room Challenge. Its where 20 or so design and DIY bloggers have 6 weeks to transform a room.
Sounds easy, right?
I learned about this little challenge during week 2. Every 7 days the house bloggers need to provide an update as to how the project is progressing. So, in addition to demolition, painting, DIY-ing, and decorating, they have to blog about it. And most of them also put it up on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
That’s pretty much 2 jobs. And most of these folks have a regular day job too.
Scroll down to see the final reveal photo from each of the bloggers. I’ve linked to their websites so you can also see the before and during pics, too. Most of them even link to all their sources so if you love the look, you can learn where they got it.
- Boxwood Avenue – They made a French Country Inspired Dining Room – I hope they invite me over for Thanksgiving dinner because I’d love to eat a meal at that table!
- Coco & Jack – Every. Single. Angle. of this living room is Instagram worthy! I want this space!
- Design Manifest – made a Preppy Bohemian with a British Colonial influence. What they did with wallpaper is simply incredible.
- IBB for DWD – They accomplished what I can never do – combine diffferent colors and styles and patterns into a cohesive room.
- The House That Lars Built – Made an office that according to my wife – nobody could ever work in because it’s too nice to mess up.
- Little Green Notebook – created a bedroom with a 3 layer floor – I’m seeing more and more of that design trend lately.
- The Makerista – made a beautiful french inspired girls room that evey my 5 year old boy wants to sleep in he said.
- Making it Lovely – took an irregular space and chose the perfect furniture to maximize the usefulness of the area. Kudos to them!
- Old Brand New Took a boring outside area and converted it into a colorful fall inspired patio area. I’d spend more time out here than in my living room if this were at my house.
- Old Home Love – Tackled one of the hardest rooms to make-over, the kitchen. Look at the amazing work they did!
- The Painted House – Created a multi room masterpiece on the lower level of their house – adding a kitchenette, music area and s0 much more!
- Megan Pflug Designs – Took an old, and tired living room and made it into a contemporary, awesome space.
- Pink Pagoda – is another one of those blogs that redid an entire Kitchen in 7 weeks. This is one where you have to click through and see the before to compare with the afters. Do it!
- Erica Reitman – Lives in a tiny home, and did a makeover that will literally blow your mind. The small space seems so much bigger now!
- Sacramento Street – Made a kids bedroom that I want to stay in.
- Simply Grove – They redid their living room. Look carefully and you will see rug on rug action. It’s officially a design trend now.
- Jill Sorensen – Painted the crown molding in this room red. I’m not entirely sure how I feel about that.
- Sugar & Cloth – Not only did she make over her master bed AND bath, but she was preggers when she did.
- Vintage Rug Shop – Here’s another where you have to see the before and after transformation. It’s simply amazing!
- Waiting on Martha Created a comfy and cozy living room that’s ideal for entertaining with friends.
Next year, I hope Linda will consider me for one of the slots. I already have an idea for which room I would do!
If you see anything you like, be sure to leave them a comment. I’m sure they would appreciate it!