Who hasn’t seen the plans for the Independent Austin. A huge square, Jenga Tower reaching up to the sky. Slated to be the tallest Residential Tower west of the Mississippi when finished in 2018.
This building is being marketed by Urbanspace, and they represent the developer of all the units. If you are interested in buying a unit, there is a specific process to follow, and you need an agent who is familiar with it to represent you the best way possible.
Prices will range from approximately $400,000 for a 1 bedroom to over $3.4 Million for one of the few available top floor penthouses.
Amenities will include a dog park, children’s area, pool and spa, fitness center, yoga and barre studio, boardroom, and a theater on 2 floors.
The 9th floor is slated to have the infinity edge pool, dog park, club room with coffee bar, and a kids playroom. Additionally there could be up to 2 guest suites that can be rented out for friends and family by residents. I’m sure those will book up years in advance for SXSW and ACL.
More cool stuff will be on the 34th floor – including the fitness center with yoga room, an owner’s lounge, the private board room, and a movie theater for residents.
Little known facts:
- Brett Rhode, director of Rhode Partners, one of the Architect teams of the building didn’t know what the Jenga game was before starting this project.
- 396 Average single family homes could fit inside the 58 story building (or 2.6 Texas Capitals, or 524 Franklin BBQs)
CONTACT A BUYER’S AGENT FOR THE INDEPENDENT AUSTIN
Where is the Independent Austin
Construction has already begun on a lot adjacent to the Seaholm Residences, and is due to be completed in 2018. Reservations are being taken by the builder’s agent, so contact your Realtor to reserve your space.
- Address: 801 West St
- Approximate Price Range: $400,000 – Over $3 Million
- Year Completed: 2018 (scheduled)
- Stories: 58
- Number of Units: 370
- Floor Plans: One, Two, and Three Bedrooms (each with an optional Study)
- Pets Allowed? Yes
- Concierge: Yes
- Gym: Yes
- Pool: Yes
- Parking: Yes
- Developer: Rhode Partners, Constructive Ventures, & Aspen Height