Just a block behind the Whole Foods Flagship store, a brand new hi-rise condo is being built. Fifth & West will stretch 39 stories into the air, and add another luxury tower to the Austin skyline.
West Street, for the longest time was abandoned. Empty lots full of debris and garbage behind the old Seaholm Power plant.
Boy, how the times change.
I’ve written about the two other condos before, but never 5th & West.
This tower has some deep Texas and Austin ties.
The exterior of the building is designed by GDA architects, a Dallas firm, a leading force respected for using compelling materials.
Inside, the Mihael Hsu Office of Architecture is crafting a liveable, neighborhood-oriented space with an unparalleled attention to detail.
Little known facts:
- Michael Hsu, the architect behind Uchi, P-Terry’s and the iFly buidlings in Austin, also designed the Fifth & West sales center using the same materials and styles to be found in the final building.
- The building is in the shape of a triangle, a square missing a corner to preserve the capitol corridor views.
CONTACT A BUYER’S AGENT FOR THE 5th & West Condos
Where are the Fifth & West Condos?
Construction has started, and the builders are taking reservations for the building to be completed in 2018. Contact an experienced downtown condos’ agent to represent you during the process.
- Address: 501 West St
- Approximate Price Range: $400,000 – $2 Million
- Year Completed: 2018 (scheduled)
- Stories: 39
- Number of Units: 154
- Floor Plans: One, Two, and Three Bedrooms (each with an optional Study)
- Pets Allowed? Yes
- Concierge: Yes
- Gym: Yes
- Pool: Yes
- Parking: Yes