Do you have any resolutions for 2013? I’m publicly posting mine. These are mostly real estate resolutions, but I think the last one is the best.
Top people have future orientation – the think about the future. Where they want to go, where they want to be.
For the last several weeks they have been handing out a simple goal guide at the weekly sales meeting and encouraging us to fill it out. I’ve always thought it kind of silly, but since this a new year, why not try something new.
What do you want? Write it Down. Set a deadline. Male a list of steps to achieve that goal. Take action immediately on something. And finally, do something everyday.
So I’m writing down the 10 things I would like to have in 2013.
- I want 50 new listings in 2013. That’s an average of 1 per week with a 2-week vacation. I’ll accomplish this by doing the basics. Calls, mailings, networking, and of course follow-ups. I fell a bit short on this, but hopefully can do it one year. Maybe not my first year out though.
- I want to use all my postcards that JB Goodwin provides every month. This includes the free open house postcards, the free new listing postcards, and the free postcards that I win from contests. All of them will be used to market myself, of course. I did this and had a great response. Next year instead of just using basic postcards, I’ll be using some from moo.com.
- I want to write a blog post about real estate everyday. (Mission accomplished today). This is the hardest. I posted about 200 blog posts, but still fell short.
- I want to increase my personal contacts on Facebook, and especially Google+ to over 300. That’s less than1 new follower per day. Accomplished for Facebook (550), and halfway for G+ (272)
- I will conduct a blogging seminar for JB Goodwin. This will help others get better websites, and elevate the Real Estate game in Austin. Done with great success.
- I will do a form of exercise everyday. Be it push-ups, sit-ups or running (even if it is on a treadmill). Not quite. The daily activities are hardest.
- I will become fit enough to get off high blood pressure medication. Not done. Probably bad genetics.
- I will go to the F1 race (hopefully in a luxury box). It was during Jenn’s birthday so I didn’t even ask.
- I want to get my little Spitfire running again. Not accomplished.
- I will be the best father and husband I can be. A work in progress.